Saturday, September 12, 2015

Being Pinteresting and not failing!

Oh Pinterest I have a love hate relationship with you! I feel like my house should look like something out of design magazine with seasonal decorations, banners, and so many other cute things. The pinnacle of my love hate relationship with Pinterest is kids birthday parties. I can't pull off a birthday party that looks like it was professionally decorated and planned. But what I can do are some really simple things to make it look like I did.


My oldest's 3rd birthday party was dinosaur themed. Here is what I did to make it pinteresting.

We had lots of toy dinosaurs at the house. So I took a clorox wipes and wiped them down to clean them off since I was putting them near food.

I took some plain green cards folded them in half and put some foam dinosaur stickers on them. I gave the food some dinosaur themed names.
-Veggie Tray was an Herbivore Buffet
-Pistachio Nuts were Dinosaur eggs
-Salad with pomegranates was Herbivore Delight.


I purchased a plastic dinosaur table cloth from a party store.

All in all it wasn't time intensive and it was really easy to put together. It was a creative way to set up the table with out spending hours making decorations or place cards.

 Here are some photos from my oldest's party last year when he turned 4. I was 38 weeks pregnant with TinyHuman #2....you want to talk about not having the energy for a birthday party. At any rate. My oldest's birthday is actually in December but I was due early November and having a bunch of kids at my house during cold and flu season with a newborn didn't sound like a good idea to me. So we had his party the week before Halloween. We had a Halloween Star Wars birthday party.






I busted out my Halloween decorations and put those up in the house. I purchased a cake from Wegmans (side note Wegmans has really delicious cake) and had them air brush it black with yellow lettering because the credits to Star Wars is black and yellow. (I only know this because I have seen episodes 4, 5, & 6 10 times each in the past year). My husband had some Star Wars Lego mini figures that we stuck on the cake.

We did balloons with clear stickers on them. So I printed out sheets with Darth Vader, R2D2, Yoda, rebal symbol, empire symol and stuck them on white and green balloons. The green balloons were for yoda.  I also put them on our windows to mock stained glass.

Here are some clear labels you can use.
Round Labels
Rectangles

Enjoy your kids birthday and don't feel like you have to get wrapped up into the theme. It's stressful enough being a parent on a day to day basis. Add having to get your house ready for a birthday party and then decorating for said party is pretty stressful. Keep it simple. Your kids is going to have a good time because their friends are coming over and there is cake.


























No comments:

Post a Comment